Relocations can be both enjoyable and taxing at the same time. Though people who have moved a gazillion times before may not agree with this, but still referring to professional aid remains a viable option during relocations. If you have a move planned, from your hometown Kolkata and you are naïve about what you should do, we would say – you should hire the packers and movers in Kolkata. The reason you should get the professionals on board on time is that if they get involved in the moving project early on, you won’t be bothered with a lot of things and eventually the move would work out well.
This post is more like an article on all the vital information about moving that you should be aware of when you are experiencing the transition on your own.
• Prepare for the big day: The big day, could technically be the very last day of the move but if we look at the move comprehensively, we know it is the whole duration (of the move) that is momentous and not just one single day. So, be actively involved in your moving project, right from the day it goes on the floor so that by the time you are standing on the last week before the move, you are done with nearly all the major preparations. Do the needful preparation beforehand so that the rest of the journey takes place just as planned.
• Find all your answers: You have been planning for the move for a long time and by now; you have piled up a lot of questions related to your house move. You have certain questions about the move and about packing essentially, and you want to sit and discuss all those queries with the moving company you have hired. Since all of your apprehensions about the move may end up in major moving mistakes if you do not attend them on time, make sure you clarify all of that with the movers before you start with the professionals.
• Pack and clear up space: Before you de-clutter your household, start with the packing of the basic household goods (goods that you can pack on your own, without professional assistance). Fulfilling at least some segment of your belongings this way would help you to relocate in a hassle-free manner because the house would not look that messy or overloaded with stuff. Plus, the movers will also get a clear space to continue their packing tasks. So, take care of that and then start with the de-cluttering.
• Things not to pack: Once you have attended to the manageable goods, you will get to see clearly what more items you have that you would want to let go of. Try to optimize your moving load as much as possible and pack only those that you would need in your new house. With that, also keep in mind not to pack certain articles – like liquor, arms, ammunition, plants, pet (if not relocating with special arrangements), hazardous materials, personal objects, sentimental goods, etc. Whatever query you may have regarding packing and moving, sort them out early.
• Pack basics for the move: Relocations are meant to be executed with good planning and arrangements. The transit journey, in particular, should be taken care of and all the travel essentials along with the basic things that one may need during the journey should be packed. Other than the toiletries and skincare products, make sure to carry medicines and a first-aid kit and also pack some extra clothes for the journey so that the journey takes place without any hassle or hiccups. This basics kit should be prepared ahead of the move before the movers join you on the task.
• Save money on supplies: Relocations are expensive and the packing materials that we tend to get for the move do come at a hefty price, making our moving cost shoot up. But there are ways in which you can conduct the move within budget by getting the packing resources locally from the market or wholesale stores. You can even arrange the resources online if you are short on time but then do check out the quality of the materials once they get delivered to you. If the professionals provide you with the resources, you can rest easier but do check their rates.
• Manage your money: Since house moves are a nerve-wracking project and expensive at the same time, everyone is advised to prepare for it early on. Give it the desired time it needs so that you can look after all the vital aspects you should arrange for the move. Plus, start managing and saving your money for at least a few months till your move so you do not end up burdening yourself with the moving expenses later on. Also, be very clear about the auxiliary costs that you would pay the movers so you can budget beforehand. Avoid unnecessary outlays but spend mindfully.
• Pack articles intricately: Whether you pack special articles for the move or high-value belongings, big and bulky goods, or extremely fine and flimsy objects at home, make sure the packing gets taken care of really well. Whether you do it or the experts, you should look over the packing process while the movers do it and see if they are doing it the right way. You can always tell them if you want special handling or distinct packing for any of your goods so they can take care of that. You can check the taping of the boxes and the top coat and see if every carton is labeled rightly.
If your house move is almost around the corner and you are working on your relocation with all the needful tips and expert advice, you should also rely on the movers and packers in Kolkata – the moving team you have hired for the last-minute chores. They will simply guide you over what is needed and you will eventually get to enjoy a wonderful move.